Job Posting – Service Desk Engineer
BMC Networks is a Managed IT Services Provider located in downtown Vancouver. We specialize in providing outsourced IT support and implementation services to law firms in the Metro Vancouver area. We are searching for an experienced IT Support professional to join our service desk team in providing support to our clients.
Our Vision: To become the preeminent outsourced IT provider for law firms in the Metro Vancouver area, by providing comprehensive technical services.
Our Mission: We empower our clients by allowing them to leverage our expertise so they can focus on their core business without worrying about their technology. We value our role in their business, and assist them by listening, educating, and finding solutions for them. We care for them, and are committed to providing them with exceptional, reliable, and personal service.
If this position interests you, and you believe you have the qualifications we’re looking for, please submit your resume and a covering letter via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that while we appreciate and review every submission we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Title: Service Desk Engineer (Tier 2)
Reports to: Manager, Support Services
The Service Desk Engineer is a technical support role at BMC Networks whose primary responsibility is to provide onsite desktop, server and network support for our clients. This is a client facing role, interacting with people of all levels in our client’s offices. The Service Desk Engineer is responsible for tracking and resolving all assigned support requests through effective decision making and problem solving skills.
The Service Desk Engineer will be part of our Service Desk team, and will report to the Manager, Support Services. The successful candidate will present himself/herself in an extremely professional, competent manner, be highly organized, and possess strong communication and interpersonal skills. The Service Desk Engineer is expected to provide these services with a high level of technical competency and independence, demonstrating experience and ability in multiple disciplines within IT.
This position is part of an on-call rotation for approximately one week in eight. During the on-call period, the individual is expected to respond to requests from clients and urgent server alerts in a timely manner, according to the defined on-call policy.
BMC Networks offers a competitive compensation package including salary, team-based incentive plan and a comprehensive benefits package.
The successful candidate for this position will possess a degree or diploma related to information technology, 5 years related experience, and will be skilled in the following areas:
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills in English
- Enthusiasm for providing outstanding customer service
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Presents himself/herself in a highly professional, competent manner
- Ability to work calmly under pressure, multitask and prioritize
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Highly organized, detail oriented and self-motivating
- Patience to solve technical problems with end users of varying technical aptitudes
- Microsoft Windows 7/10
- Microsoft Windows Small Business Server
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft Remote Desktop Services
- Microsoft Active Directory
Experience in the following technologies would be considered a strong asset:
- Sonicwall Firewalls
- VMware vSphere
- Citrix XenApp
- HP Proliant Server hardware
- HP iLO and System Insight Manager
- HP ProCurve switches
- Labtech, or other RMM (Remote Monitoring and Management) system
- Connectwise, or other PSA (Professional Services Automation) system
- Microsoft, VMware, Citrix and Sonicwall certifications would be considered a strong asset
Interested candidates can apply by sending their resume and a cover letter via e-mail at email@example.com. We appreciate and review all submissions, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that only local applicants will be considered for this role.